Parish Council Minutes – 11th January 2021

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 11th JANUARY 2021 ONLINE USING ZOOM

Present: Mrs J Stephenson (Chairman), Mrs J Gully, Mr P Baxter, Mr M Daniels, Mrs S Grimes, Ms J Flower, Mr T Heaford, Mr T Jones, Mrs T Jones & Cllr P. May (B&NES) and Mrs H Richardson (Clerk) and 1 Member of Public

13.1 Public Submissions: – None

13.2 Apologies:, Mr S Filer & Mrs D Custance,

13.3 Declarations of Interest: None

13.4 The Minutes of the Meeting held on Monday 14th December 2020 were agreed as a true and fair record. The Chairman will sign them at the next available opportunity.

13.5 An update on District Matters. – Cllr.May reported that he had met with the Cabinet Member for Transportation to look at road traffic concerns in Whitchurch and in Pensford. The meeting was held on Zoom due to lockdown, and the Cabinet Member invited members of the Parish Council to review the liveable neighbourhoods documentation and submit a report on traffic issues that need addressing. B&NES Council budgets will be released shortly. The Local plan partial update is in consultation and the Parish Council should take the opportunity to comment. The SPS review (Replacement of the JSP) by WECA is likely to be after May this year. The Ward Councillor met with the Highways Officer to look at issues at the entrance to the site for the planning application the Orchard.

13.6 Updates on current matters:

a) Vintage Phone Box – Meeting planned with Miners Welfare regarding positioning of phone box.
b) Allotments – Paperwork still needs to be sorted.
c) Environmental & Climate Emergency working group – Report previously circulated, tree planting has been delayed due to Covid and plans for smaller groups tree planting were in place. The group is looking for a voluntary tree warden. A whatsapp group for local residents wanting to be involved in action to help the environment has been formed and has about 20 members so far.
d) Dog bins – Ready to install, once plan for emptying them is finalised.
e) Memorial Hall – the committee have not met.
f) Litter picks – volunteers have been out in force across the parish and the purchase of further litter pickers would be discussed in item 13.7a). A report had been submitted to B&NES for excessive litter in the Layby on Hursley Hill.
g) PCAA – Responses to the Appeal for the airport expansion has been submitted and the Parish Councils response has been submitted. There is a meeting of the PCAA on the 28th January.

13.7 Matters for Discussion / Decision

a) The Parish Council approved expenditure for a further 10 Litter pickers.
b) The proposal for safe route to school was being progressed and a route under the A37 was being investigated. Cllr Paul May offered his support to help the project to progress.

13.8 Reports

a) The Clerks Report was accepted
b) The Chairman had nothing additional to report.

13.9 Planning

a) Applications to consult:
i. 20/04872/FUL: 155 High Street Pensford. Erection of a detached dwelling and associated works. The parish Council resolved to Object to this application due to in appropriate materials used in proximity to the conservation area, inadequate parking provision when taking into account 155 High Street and the new property and concerns about Highways safety when accessing and exiting the A37.

b) Decision Notification:
i. 20/04295/TCA.: The Former Thomas A Becket’s Church, Church Street, Pensford. Yew(T1) – Crown Reduction. The height of the tree will remain the same. Width of the canopy after the works would be 40ft approx. NO OBJECTION

ii. 20/03861/FUL: Land to the North of the Orchard, High Street, Pensford. Erection of a single dwelling on the land to the north of the Orchard. REFUSE

c) Other Planning Matters:

i. Local Plan Partial Update: Consultation 7th Jan – 18th February 2021. It was agreed that the Clerk would submit a response to emphasis that the Parish is in the Green belt and requires a small amount of low cost housing but would be unsustainable and unsuitable for large scale development.

13.10 Financial Matters

a) The Financial Report were accepted

b) January Payment were approved.

Payee Description Amount
CPRE Subscription Donation £100
Mark McMullen Footpath Officer £80
Mrs Helen Richardson Clerk’s Salary – Dec & Reimbursement for Zoom £724.01
Total value of cheques £904.01

c) The 2021-22 budget was approved, and the precept request was set at £17300. This represents at 10.8 % increase for a Band D property, which equates to an additional 29p per month per household.

13.11 Items to carry forward to the next meeting: Grant for Parish newsletter

13.12 To note Future Meetings:
Parish Liaison – Wednesday 24 March, Wednesday 14 July or Wednesday 21 July, Wednesday 13 October 2021 ALCA – 3rd February 2021.
DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Monday 8th February 2021
THE MEETING CLOSED AT 20.25 pm