Parish Council Minutes – 6th May 2021

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 6th MAY 2021 ONLINE USING ZOOM

Present: Mrs J Stephenson (Chairman), Mrs J Gully, Mr P Baxter, Mrs D Custance, Mr S Filer (Part), Mrs S Grimes, Ms J Flower, Mr T Heaford, Mr T Jones, Mrs T Jones & Cllr P. May (B&NES) and Mrs H Richardson (Clerk) and 2 Member of Public

17.1 Janette Stephenson was elected as Chairman and signed her Declaration of Acceptance of office.

17.2 Paul Baxter was elected as Vice Chairman

Members of Public: None

17.3 Apologies for Absence: None

17.4 Declarations of Interest: None

17.5 Appointments were reviewed and agreed as follows:
Memorial Hall Committee: Paul Baxter
Parish Council’s Airport Association: Tony Heaford
Parish Liaison Meetings: Janette Stephenson (Sue Grimes in reserve)
ALCA Meetings: Sue Grimes (Janette Stephenson in reserve)
B&NES Local Council Group: Janette Stephenson
Chew Valley Forum: Sue Grimes / Tony Heaford/ Janette Stephenson
Flood Representative: Paul Baxter
Guardians for Defibrillators: Janette Stephenson, Tracy Jones, Mike Daniels
Staffing Panel: Tracy Jones, Sue Grimes & Steve Filer
Climate Emergency Working Group: Dawn Custance, Jenny Gully, Alex Limburg, Roderick Black, Paul May, Jo Mcgagan, Steff Clements.
Allotments: Mike Daniels

17.6 The standing Orders were reviewed and adopted.

17.7 The 2021/2022 schedule of meetings were approved.

17.8 The renewal of the Parish Council insurance policy was accepted.

17.9 The Risk assessment was reviewed and approved.

17.10 The Minutes of the Meeting held on Monday 19th April 2021 were agreed as a true and fair record. The Chairman will sign them at the next available opportunity.

17.11 An update on District Matters. – B&NES Council annual meeting took place this week, a new leader and two deputy leaders have been appointed. He reported that the Resourceful Earth application will be considered by Planning Committee and he will meeting with planners & other local councillors once the responses to some queries have been received. It was reported that some highways work was planned on Peats Hill. The Ward Councillor has suggested a weight limit on Publow Bridge.

17.12 Updates on current matters:
a) Vintage Phone Box – The Miners Welfare are no longer want the phone box on their land due to concerns over planning permission. A planning officer has been consulted for further advise. It became necessary to move it to a temporary location.
b) Allotments – Nothing to report.
c) Environmental & Climate Emergency working group – An application has been made to Chelwood community fund for the remaining £1000 needed for the BSCE renewables audit. An article publicising the group has been put in the Chew Valley Gazette with thanks to Paul May. There is a Chew Valley Climate group, Cross Transport survey on the Parish Council website.
d) Dog/Litter bins – There have been further incidents of fly-tipping and misuse of the wastebins.
e) Memorial Hall – No update .
f) PCAA – AGM will take place on the 24th June

17.13 Matters for Discussion / Decision
a) Update on Legislation on virtual meetings: The temporary legislation allowing Parish Council meetings to be held on-line expires on 6 May at midnight. The Clerk has tried to book the Village Hall for the June meeting, but not had a response. It was suggested that the June meeting is delayed until after June 21st after restrictions are lifted and approach Publow Church if the Village Hall is not available. It was agreed to meet on Monday 28th June.
b) Delegation Scheme: The Scheme of Delegation was reviewed and extended for 12 months in case the Parish Council is unable to meet in person.
c) Parish Maintenance: The Clerk was asked to contact Curo regarding the condition of the wall at the end of their land, adjacent to the A37.

17.14 Reports
a) The Clerks Report was accepted
b) The Chairman had nothing in addition to report.

17.15 Planning

a. Applications to consult:
i) 21/01859/FUL: 40 Hillcrest, Pensford: Demolition of existing double garage and erection of a new 2/3 bedroom dwelling (resubmission). The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the application

b. Decision Notification:
i) 21/00810/FUL: Recreation Ground, Publow Lane, Publow. Replacement Building. PERMIT

17.16 Financial Matters

a) The Financial Report was accepted.

b) May Payments were approved.

Payee Mark McMullen
Description Footpath Officer
Amount £80
VAT to reclaim N

Payee Mrs Helen Richardson
Description Clerk Salary
Amount £712.40
VAT to reclaim N

Payee Mrs Helen Richardson
Description Reimburse Zoom subscription
Amount £4.80
VAT to reclaim N

Payee DPM Lucas Garden Contractors
Description Cut & Strim the Green
Amount £40
VAT to reclaim N

Payee Zurich Insurance
Description Renewal
Amount £761.37
VAT to reclaim £81.57

Payee Protect our Keynsham Environment
Description Grant approved 16.7e
Amount £200
VAT to reclaim N

Payee Renewable Energy Audit
Description Grant Approved 16.7f
Amount £200
VAT to reclaim N

17.17 Items to carry forward to the next meeting: Footpath at the end of Salters Brook, if it hasn’t been previously resolved. Apologies for the next meeting were received from Jane Flower and Steve Filer.

17.18 To note Future Meetings:
Parish Liaison – Wednesday 14 July or Wednesday 21 July, Wednesday 13 October 2021
DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Monday 28th June 2021
THE MEETING CLOSED AT 20.40