PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Date Posted: 9th May 2019
PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS
1. Ordinary meetings of the council will be held on the second Monday in each month other than in August, unless the Council shall otherwise resolve at an earlier meeting.
2. Meetings shall not take pace in premises which at the time of the meeting are used for the supply of alcohol, unless no other premises are available free of charge or at a reasonable cost.
Unless the Council otherwise resolves, all meetings of the Council will be held at the Memorial Hall and will commence at 7.15 pm
3. For all meetings of the Council, the Clerk shall determine the Agenda (in consultation with the Chairman and /or Vice Chairman, if they are available. The Clerk shall display the Agenda on the Parish Notice Boards and arrange for it to be placed on the Website at least three clear working days before the meeting. The Clerk shall provide all members of the Council with a Summons to the meeting at least three clear days before the meeting.
4. The Clerk shall provide the Ward Councillor, prior to all meetings of the Council, with a copy of the relevant Agenda, supporting paper work, and minutes of the previous meeting.
5. Any Councillor wishing to place an item on the Agenda shall notify the Clerk at least Seven days before the meeting.
6. Motions on the Agenda shall be considered in the order that they appear, unless the order is changed at the discretion of the Chairman of the meeting.
7. Decisions made at meetings of the Council shall relate to matters on the displayed Agenda and not to any other issue and shall also be relevant to some subject over which the Council has a power or which affects the Area.
8. The Clerk shall provide all members of the Council with a copy of the draft minutes of the previous meeting no later than three days before the next meeting. At the meeting the Minutes shall be approved (with any amendments deemed necessary) and signed by the Chairman of the Meeting.
9. The Minutes shall be numbered consecutively for each Council Year.
10. The approved minutes shall form the legal record of the relevant meeting and thus of any decision of the Council.
11. If a member is unable to attend a meeting of the Council, he/she shall inform the Clerk prior to the meeting, giving the reason.
12. The Council shall resolve to approve acceptable reasons for absence, in order to preclude the inadvertent arising of a casual vacancy.
VOTING AT MEETINGS OF THE COUNCIL
13. In the event that a vote is necessary to determine a decision of the Council such a vote shall be made by a show of hands.
14. If it is necessary, the Chairman of the Meeting shall exercise a casting vote.
15. Meetings shall be open to the public unless their presence is prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted or for other special reasons. The public’s exclusion from part or all of the meeting shall be by a resolution which shall give reasons for the public’s exclusion.
16. The period of time designated for public participation at a meeting in accordance with standing Order No 15 above- shall not exceed 30 Minutes,
unless directed otherwise by the Chairman of the Meeting.
17. Public participation shall be displayed on the Parish Notice Boards and the Web Site at least three clear days before the meeting, this will also include details that if a member of the Public wishes to speak at the said meeting they must notify the Clerk in writing no later than 24 hours before the meeting, with their name, address and subject matter.
18. Subject to Standing Order No 16 a member of the Public shall not speak for more than three minutes, unless directed otherwise by the Chairman of the Meeting.
19. No person shall obstruct the transaction of business at a meeting or behave offensively or improperly. If this standing order is ignored, the Chairman of the meeting shall request such person(s) to moderate or improve their conduct.
20. If a person(s) disregard the request of the Chairman of the meeting to moderate or improve their conduct, any Councillor through the Chairman of the
meeting may request that person(s) be no longer heard or excluded from the meeting.
21. If a member of the public interrupts the proceedings at any meeting, the Chairman may after warning that he/she be removed from the meeting and may adjourn the meeting for such period as it is necessary to restore order.
ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
1. The Annual Parish Meeting shall be held in May of each Year
2. All Electors of the Parish are entitled to attend and have the right to speak
3. The Clerk will display the Agenda on the Parish Council notice Boards and Website