Changes to Mobile Library Service

There are changes coming to our mobile library service.

For Pensford the day of the week remains the same but there is a change to the rota. The time of day has changed to the morning to try to attract more usage. The  Hillcrest stop is deleted due to low footfall.

Service dates for the village are Tuesday 24th May (current timetable) then Tuesday 14th June (new timetable).

This leaflet provides more details including a full timetable and details of the “Library at Home “service, which is for residents who may have mobility issues.

For information our nearest libraries are Bishop Sutton Community Library and Keynsham Library and Information Centre.

Big Pensford Tennis Weekend – Open Day

🎾🎾Come along to the Big Pensford Tennis Weekend on Sunday 22nd May. Join in the fun at Pensford Tennis Club on the Pensford Memorial Hall Playing Fields, Publow Lane, Pensford, Bristol BS39 4HW 🎾🎾

Pensford Tennis Club is holding an Open Day to mark the start of season. No need to be a member – everyone welcome to join in – just come along from 10am to 1PM. Equipment will be provided. Free parking available.

 


Annual Village Meeting – 9th May 2022

PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

ANNUAL VILLAGE MEETING

TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 9th MAY 2022 at 7 pm in MEMORIAL HALL, PUBLOW LANE PENSFORD

Janette Stephenson – Parish Council Chairman Date: 1st May 2022

Agenda:

a) Chairman’s Report
b) Financial Report
c) Report from Ward Councillor
d) Questions and items of Interest from Residents

The Annual Meeting of the Parish Council and the monthly meeting of the Parish Council will follow.

Parish Council Agenda – 9th May 2022

PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

AGENDA

Meeting to be held on Monday 9th May 2022 at 7 pm in the Village Hall

TO ALL PARISH COUNCILLORS:

You are summoned to attend an Annual & Monthly meeting of the Parish Council on Monday 9th May 2022 at 7.00 pm, following on from the Annual Village Meeting

H Richardson – Clerk to the Parish Council
Date: 3rd May 2022

Public Participation: (15 minutes Maximum): Please note that prior to the official business of the meeting; members of the Parish are welcome to raise any Parish issues. Please inform the Clerk providing name, address and subject matter no later than 24 hrs prior to the meeting if you wish to arrange a speaking slot. Please keep your speech to a maximum of 3 minutes. Additionally, the applicant or their agent may verbally present planning applications. You are not guaranteed a slot if you do not book in advance. Please note the Parish Council cannot make a decision on items that are not on the agenda, but items may be put forward for the agenda for the next meeting.

AGENDA:

1. Election of Chairman, Vice-Chairman

2. Signing of Declaration & Acceptance of Office

Members of the Public

3. Apologies for Absence

4. To receive notification of any Members’ personal or prejudicial interest in any item on the Agenda

5. Appointment of Representatives for:
a) Memorial Hall Committee:
b) Parish Council’s Airport Association:
c) Parish Liaison Meetings:
d) ALCA Meetings:
e) B&NES Local Council Group:
f) Chew Valley Forum:
g) Flood Representative:
h) Guardians for Defibrillators:
i) Staffing Panel
j) Climate Emergency Working Group
k) Allotments
l) ANPR Working Group

6. To review Standing Orders

7. To agree 2022/2023 schedule of Meetings

8. To approve the Council Insurance Cover (Long Term agreement) and annual Premium of £772.74

9. To review Risk Assessment

10. To confirm the Minutes of Monday 11th April 2022 as a true and fair record.

11. To Receive an update on District Matters from Cllr P May.

12. Matters for Discussion/Decision:
a) To resolve to support in principle the unofficial proposal to open the church car park for public parking to alleviate parking issues in Publow Lane.
b) To make suggestions for the format for future annual Village Meetings.

13. Reports:
a) Allotments
b) Defibrillators – update on illuminated keypad
c) ANPR Working Group Update
d) Clerks Progress Report.
e) Chairman’s Report

14. Planning:

a) Applications to Discuss:
i) 22/00765/FUL: Devon House, Pensford Hill: Conversion of loft space into living space with raised gable roof, 1no. gable dormer to front, removal of lean-to to rear and creation of sliding doors to rear. Addition of solar panels to south elevation.
ii) 22/01742/FUL: The Field, Old Road, Pensford. Repairs and refurbishment of existing former agricultural buildings (part retrospective)

b) Decision Notification: None

15. Financial Matters:
a) Finance Report
b) Payments to be authorised

Payee Mark McMullen
Description Footpath Officer
Amount £85
VAT TO RECLAIM N

Payee Mrs Helen Richardson
Description Clerk Salary (May Payroll) TBC
Amount £719.21
VAT TO RECLAIM N

Payee Mrs Helen Richardson
Description Reimburse Zoom subscription(April)
Amount £4.80
VAT TO RECLAIM N

Payee DM Payroll Services Ltd
Description Administration of the Payroll
Amount £180
VAT TO RECLAIM

Payee DPM Lucas Garden Contractors
Description Cut & Strim the Green
Amount Awaiting invoice
VAT TO RECLAIM N

Payee Zurich Insurance
Description Renewal
Amount £772.74
VAT TO RECLAIM Y

Payee Woollard Village Social Committee
Description Jubilee Grant approved 26.5c
Amount £100
VAT TO RECLAIM N

Payee Evergreens
Description Jubilee Grant Approved 25.5f
Amount £100
VAT TO RECLAIM N

Payee Dial A ride
Description Grant approved 23.5b
Amount £40
VAT TO RECLAIM N

16. Items of Report to carry forward to the next Meeting:

17. To Note Future Meetings:
DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: MONDAY 13th June 2022 AT 7 pm In the Memorial Hall

Pensford Jubilee Tree Planting

Publow with Pensford Parish Council has planted a tree on the village green to celebrate HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee 2022, to honour of her leadership of our nation and to leave a legacy to benefit future generations.

A record of our tree planting has been uploaded to The Queen’s Green Canopy (QGC) map. (Click the link to view on the QGC map).

Please share the photographic record of our QGC virtual plaque on social media using the hashtag #QueensGreenCanopy or #plantatreeforthejubilee to encourage others across the UK to get involved. You can use the link below to share:

http://www.publow-with-pensford-pc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/qgc-souvenir-square.png

Now that our planting is complete, volunteers will be taking care of our tree to give it the best chance of flourishing.

You can follow QGC’s digital channels on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram where they will be sharing other Jubilee tree plantings throughout the official planting season, which is from October to March.

 

 

Parish Council Minutes – 11th April 2022

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON MONDAY 11th APRIL 2022 IN THE MEMORIAL HALL, PENSFORD

Present: Mr M Daniels, Mr S Filer, Ms J Flower, Mrs S Grimes, Mr T Heaford, Mrs J Gully, Mrs T Jones, Dr L Malt, Mrs J Stephenson (Chairman), Cllr P. May (B&NES) and 3 Members of Public.

1. Public Submissions: None

2. Apologies: Mr P Baxter

3 Declarations of Interest: None

4 The Minutes of the Meeting held on Monday 14th March 2022 were agreed as a true and fair record and the Chairman signed them.

5 Planning:

a) Applications to consult:

i) 22/01141/FUL.170 Blackrock Lane, Publow. Erection of single storey rear extension following demolition of existing porch and garage (Resubmission). The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
ii) 22/01310/LBA. 170 Blackrock Lane, Publow. External alterations for the erection of single storey rear extension following demolition of existing porch and garage (Resubmission). The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.

b) Decision Notification:

I) 21/03209/FUL Land to South Of South Bristol Motor Company, New Road, Pensford Retrospective for the demolition of existing storage buildings and erection of replacement buildings. Erection of 2.4 m high security fencing. Installation of storage containers in connection with the existing storage use. PERMIT

6 Matters for Discussion / Decision

a) The Parish Council approved the co-option of Andy Lyon to fill the vacancy on the Parish Council
b) A Field Maple had been planted in the village green to commemorate the Queens Platinum Jubilee. A watering rota was agreed.
c) A grant application from the St All Saints Church for £250, for a joint community event on Saturday 4th June for the Queens Platinum Jubilee celebrations was approved. A lesser amount was agreed as it was reported that the Memorial Hall would not make a hire charge of £100.
d) The ANPR working group gave an update. There were concerns that the cameras may not be readily available and that other options hadn’t been considered. The Ward Councillor offered to get an opinion from B&NES who use ANPR for the Bath Clean Air. Zone. Advice would be sought as to whether CIL money is committed money or whether it has to be spent within a certain timescale.
e) The unofficial proposal to open the church car park for public parking to alleviate parking issues in Publow Lane was deferred until the next meeting.
f) Suggestions for the agenda for future annual Village Meetings was deferred until the next meeting
g) The Engagement Update from WECA on the A37/A367 Bus, Walking & Cycling Study was discussed. Concerns were expressed regarding the findings of the study and it was considered that proper engagement with Parish Councils had not taken place. Same sentiments were expressed by the clerk of Saltford PC at a recent Parishes Liaison meeting. The clerk will be asked to invite a representative from WECA to a future Parish Meeting

7 Financial Matters

a) The Financial Report was accepted.
b) April Payments were approved.

Purpose for Expense Mark McMullen – Footpath Officer
Amount £80.00
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense Mrs Helen Richardson – Salary – April
Amount £731.95
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense Mrs Helen Richardson – Reimburse for Zoom
Amount £4.80
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense HMRC Month 12
Amount £444.92
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense Chew Valley Trees Reimburse Tracy Jones (26.5b)
Amount £397.00
VAT £66.17
Recover Y

Purpose for Expense Avon Local Council Association Subscription
Amount £288.64
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense DPM Lucas Grass cutting March
Amount £40.00
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense Mrs Helen Richardson Salary increase backdated (26.5f)
Amount £316.80
VAT £-
Recover N/A

8 B&NES: The Ward Councillor reported that he had planted 180 trees on his land from Chew Valley Trees with a grant from Forest of Avon.
He has suggested that the Local Plan Partial update be delayed as it will be will be affected by the West of England Combined Authority Spatial Development Strategy (SDS) which has yet to be considered.
The Resourceful Earth Planning application is going to appeal. He has asked for a meeting and is going to suggest that B&NES compulsory purchases the land to enable it be used for green energy such as solar power.
He is still in discussions with Paul Garrod regarding the traffic island recently taken down on A37 in Pensford

9 Reports

a) Allotments: Nothing to report
b) Climate Emergency Working group: No report
c) Memorial Hall – No report
d) Parish Council Airport Association: The Bristol airport action network (BAAN) is funding a Judicial Review.
e) Defibrillators – The Cabinet is badly designed and it isn’t possible to fit a new light. Steve Filer will investigate an illuminated key pad.
f) Parishes Liaison meeting. A report has been circulated. There was a great deal of interest in the outdoor space projects undertaken by Peasedown St John PC for residents. The clerk will be asked to invite a representative of Parish Council to one of our meetings to share their experiences. Similarly, the Ward Councillor will contact the Independent Councillors.
g) Clerks Report – circulated
h) The Chairman- No report

10 Items to carry forward to the next meeting:
Future annual Village Meetings
Church Car Park
DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Monday 9th May 2022
The meeting closed at 8.30.

Parish Council Agenda – 11th April 2022

PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

AGENDA

Meeting to be held on Monday 11th April 2022 at 7 pm in the Village Hall

TO ALL PARISH COUNCILLORS:

You are summoned to attend a meeting of the Parish Council on Monday 11th April 2022 at 7pm in the Village Hall.

H Richardson (Mrs) – Clerk to the Parish Council Date: 5th April 2022

1. Public Participation – Members of Public are asked to inform the Clerk if you wish to attend. (15 minutes Maximum): Please note that prior to the official business of the meeting; members of the Parish are welcome to raise any Parish issues. Please inform the Clerk providing name, address and subject matter no later than 24 hrs prior to the meeting if you wish to arrange a speaking slot. Please keep your speech to a maximum of 3 minutes. Additionally, the applicant or their agent may verbally present planning applications. You are not guaranteed a slot if you do not book in advance. Please note the Parish Council cannot make a decision on items that are not on the agenda, but items may be put forward for the agenda for the next meeting.

2. To receive apologies for absence.

3. To receive notification of any members’ personal or prejudicial interest in any item on the agenda.

4. To confirm minutes of the previous meeting held on Monday 14th March 2022 as a true & fair record

5. Planning:

a) Applications to consult:
i) 22/01141/FUL.170 Blackrock Lane, Publow. Erection of single storey rear extension following demolition of existing porch and garage (Resubmission).
ii) 22/01310/LBA. 170 Blackrock Lane, Publow. External alterations for the erection of single storey rear extension following demolition of existing porch and garage (Resubmission).

b) Decision Notification:
i) 21/03209/FUL Land to South Of South Bristol Motor Company, New Road, Pensford Retrospective for the demolition of existing storage buildings and erection of replacement buildings. Erection of 2.4 m high security fencing. Installation of storage containers in connection with the existing storage use. PERMIT

6. Matters for discussion/decision:

a) To approve the co-option of Andy Lyon to fill the vacancy on the Parish Council
b) To receive an update on arrangements for the planting of a tree to commemorate the Queens Platinum Jubilee.
c) To approve grant application from the St All Saints Church for £350, for a joint community event on Saturday 4th June for the Queens Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
d) To receive an update from The ANPR working group and approve expenditure from CIL of £3200 for phase 1 of the ANPR project.
e) To resolve to support in principle the unofficial proposal to open the church car park for public parking to alleviate parking issues in Publow Lane.
f) To make suggestions for the agenda for future annual Village Meetings.
g) To review the update from WECA on the A37/A367 Bus, Walking & Cycling Study. Engagement Update.

7. Financial Matters

a) To approve the Financial Report:

b) To approve Payments to be authorised at April meeting:

Payee
Mark McMullen  
Description
Footpath Officer
Amount
£80 
VAT TO RECLAIM
N/A

Payee
Mrs Helen Richardson
Description
Clerk Salary (APRIL Payroll)
Amount
  £731.95
VAT TO RECLAIM
N/A

Payee
Mrs Helen Richardson
Description
Clerk Salary increase backdated (26.5f)
Amount
 £316.80
VAT TO RECLAIM
N/A

Payee
Mrs Helen Richardson
Description
 Reimburse Zoom subscription
Amount
 £4.80
VAT TO RECLAIM
 N/A

Payee
Chew Valley Trees
Description
Reimburse Tracy Jones for Jubilee Tree (26.5b)
Amount
397.00
VAT TO RECLAIM
 £66.17

Payee
Avon Local Council Association
Description
Annual Subscription to ALCA & NALC
Amount
£288.64
VAT TO RECLAIM
N/A

Payee
HMRC
Description
Month 12
Amount
£444.92
VAT TO RECLAIM
 N/A

Payee
DPM Lucas
Description
 Grass Cutting – March
Amount
£40
VAT TO RECLAIM
N/A

8. B&NES Ward Councillor: To receive an update on district matters from Cllr P May

9. To receive reports/updates on current matters: (Report to be circulated prior to the meeting)

a) Allotments – Cllr Mike Daniels
b) Climate Emergency working group
c) Memorial Hall-Cllr Paul Baxter
d) PCAA – Cllr Tony Heaford
g) Defibrillators (light)
h) Parishes Liaison meeting
i) Clerks Progress Report
j) Chairman’s Report

10. Items of report to carry forward to the next meeting.

11. To Note Future Meetings
DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Monday 9th May 2022

Young People and Libraries Survey

Publow with Pensford parish Council

Calling all 11–18-year-olds! What do you want from your library services? Have your say now!

 We are running a short survey to find out what young people aged 11 to 18 want from their library services. We want to know how you are using them now and how you might use them in the future.

We want to hear from everyone, so if you haven’t used our library services before, take part and tell us why!

The Young People and Libraries survey will close on 10th April 2022. Complete it at www.bathnes.gov.uk/youngpeopleandlibraries

 To find out more about Bath and North East Somerset Library Services visit our website or library blog.

Parish Council Minutes – 14th March 2022

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON MONDAY 14th MARCH 2022 IN THE MEMORIAL HALL, PENSFORD

Present: Mr P Baxter, Mr M Daniels, Mr S Filer, Ms J Flower, Mrs S Grimes, Mr T Heaford, Mrs J Gully, Mrs T Jones, Dr L Malt, Mrs J Stephenson (Chairman), Cllr P. May (B&NES), and Mrs H Richardson (Clerk) and 1 B&NES officer and 1 Member of Public.

B&NES: An update from B&NES Traffic & Network Manager regarding measures on the A37 to improve pedestrian safety following removal of traffic island. It was reported that the island had been hit more than 12 times and so it had to be removed.
Speed Survey results were shared and the average speed leaving the village was higher than the average speed entering the village at that point and so a flashing 30mph sign would be installed in the Chelwood direction and police had been asked to enforce the speed limit. Once the flashing sign had been installed, another speed survey would be taken to assess the impact.
In addition, they would implement edge of carriageway lines to give the visual appearance of the road narrowing to slow traffic and they would clear overgrown vegetation to improve sight lines for pedestrians. They would also install an additional Speed Camera warning sign.
They have also looked at Pensford Hill and are considering installing additional bollards and looking at the position of the giveway markings.
The traffic and network manager was asked to consider a school children crossing sign at the site of the removed island to warn of children crossing the road to the bus stop. He was also asked to consider the derestricted signs going into Publow Lane and whether 20mph would be possible.
Paul Garrod was thanked for attending the meeting and considering the Parish Councils concerns.

Public Submissions: None

26.1 Apologies: None

26.2 Declarations of Interest: None

26.3 The Minutes of the Meeting held on Monday 14th February 2022 were agreed as a true and fair record and the Chairman signed them.

26.4 Planning

a. Applications to consult:
i) 22/00765/FUL: Devon House, Pensford Hill, Pensford: Conversion of loft space into living space with 2no. gable dormers to front, 1no. box dormer to rear, removal of lean-to to rear and creation of sliding doors to rear. The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.

b. Decision Notification:
i) 21/05482/FUL. Bramley House, Hillcrest, Pensford. Conversion of existing outbuilding to form annex ancillary to main dwelling. PERMIT
ii) 21/00419/EFUL. Resourceful Earth Ltd, Charlton Field Lane, Queen Charlton. Development of an Anaerobic Digester Facility (including retention of the existing Feedstock Reception Building, Digester Tank (x5), Storage Tank, CHP Engine (x4), Transformer, GRP Substation, GRP Technical Room (x5) and Gas Equipment) to produce both gas and electricity for injection into the local grid networks, alongside the restoration of the former Queen Charlton Quarry Site with ecological and landscape enhancements – COMMITTEE NOTIFICATION and subsequently REFUSED by committee.

26.5 Matters for Discussion / Decision
a) It was reported that notification had been received from B&NES that the Parish Council is free to Co-opt to fill the vacancy. No applications had been received in time to be considered this month.
b) The Parish Council approved up to £400 to purchase a tree for the village green to commemorate the Queens Platinum Jubilee, but a volunteer was needed to keep the tree watered. PB volunteered to dig a trial hole to test the soil for suitability. Apple Trees and Field Maples were being considered.
c) A grant of £100 was approved for the Woollard Village Social Committee to help celebrate the Queens Platinum Jubilee.
d) No one volunteered to join the Climate Emergency working group.
e) The Staffing Panel reported that they had carried out the Clerks Appraisal.
f) The Parish Council approved the NJC pay award for the clerk (SCP 25) and back dated to April 1 2021.
g) The Parish Council were concerned to hear reports of human excrement and rubbish being left in the Hursley Hill Layby, and although the council were not opposed to Lorries staying over night in the layby, they were opposed to those leaving mess behind. The Parish Council would contact B&NES and ask for CCTV warning notices.
h) The Parish Council confirmed that the April meeting would go ahead on the 11th April and the July meeting would be moved to 25th July.

26.6 Financial Matters

a) The Financial Report was accepted.

b) March Payments were approved.

Purpose for Expense
Mark McMullen – Footpath Officer
Amount
£80.00
VAT
 £- 
Recover
N/A

Purpose for Expense
Mrs Helen Richardson – Salary – March
Amount
£731.95 
VAT
£- 
Recover
N/A

Purpose for Expense
Mrs Helen Richardson – Reimburse for Zoom
Amount
£4.80
VAT
£- 
Recover
N/A

Purpose for Expense
HMRC 
Amount
£873.24 
VAT
£- 
Recover
N/A

Purpose for Expense
Bath & West Community Energy (18.6f)
Amount
£1200 
VAT
£200 
Recover
Y

Purpose for Expense
KC Printing – Flyers (25.5b)
Amount
£59.50 
VAT
£- 
Recover
N/A

26.7 B&NES: The Ward Councillor reported that the planning officers case against the resourceful earth Planning application was strong if the applicant was going to appeal the decision to refuse the application.
He would be requesting that the CPRE were reinstated as consultees for planning applications.
He had supported the Parish Councils request for Double yellow lines opposite the Village Hall and had requested that they are extended to Publow Bridge.
He had been following the WECA (West of England Combined Authority) JLTP4 (Joint Local Transport Plan 4) which includes a large Park & Ride at Whitchurch and has raised concerns that this will bring more cars through Pensford.

26.8 Reports
a) Allotments: Nothing to report
b) Climate Emergency Working group: No report
c) Memorial Hall – No report
d) Parish Council Airport Association: The PCAA has asked parishes for further funding, but the majority have replied to say they cannot commit further funds. The PCAA has said that they will support the Bristol airport action network (BAAN) as mush as they can without further cash.
e) ANPR Working Group update was given. Another meeting was due in March and a proposal would be brought to the April Meeting
f) Local Plan Update – report circulated
g) Defibrillators – The Cabinet has been fixed thanks to Steve Filer and LED lights were being investigated.
h) Clerks Report – circulated
i) The Chairman reported that the last fingerpost renovation would be completed shortly at Priestdown.

26.9 Items to carry forward to the next meeting:Future annual Village Meetings

26.10 To note Future Meetings:
Parish Liaison: 23rd March 2022

DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Monday 11th April 2022
THE MEETING CLOSED AT 9.05PM

Publow with Pensford Parish Council Official Website

error: Content is protected !!