Minutes – March 2024

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Monday 11th March 2024 in the Memorial Hall, Pensford

Present: Mr P Baxter, Ms C Dinsdale, Mr S Filer, Mrs S Grimes(Chairman), Mr S Grimes, Mrs J Gully, Mrs T Jones, Mr W Tantam, Mr Paul May(Ward Councillor), Mrs H Richardson (Clerk) and 4 Members of Public. 

Public Participation: None

48.1. Dr L Malt, Mrs J Stephenson

48.2. Declarations of Interest: W Tantum

48.3. The Minutes of the Meeting held on Monday 12th February 2024 were agreed as a true and fair record and the Chairman signed them.

48.4. Planning:

a) Applications to consult:

i) 24/00539/FUL. 189 Publow Lane, Woollard: Attic conversion to include new stair from first floor, internal insulation to roof and conservation rooflights on rear elevation. Alterations to openings on the ground floor to swap existing front door and adjacent window, and to enlarge window on front elevation to width of original front door. Ground floor extension to rear that extends below garden level. Existing garage demolished and rebuilt at lower ground level, with raised parapet wall above to make garden behind safe from falling. New garden room above kitchen to provide access to rear garden at higher level.

ii) 24/00540/LBC. 189 Publow Lane, Woollard. Attic conversion to include new stair from first floor, internal insulation to roof and conservation rooflights on rear elevation. Alterations to openings on the ground floor to swap existing front door and adjacent window, and to enlarge window on front elevation to width of original front door. Ground floor extension to rear that extends below garden level. Existing garage demolished and rebuilt at lower ground level, with raised parapet wall above to make garden behind safe from falling. New garden room above kitchen to provide access to rear garden at higher level.

The Parish Council resolved to OBJECT to the proposals. The extension represents a 100% increase in floor area and the design is not in keeping with the properties in the surrounding area. This is not an appropriate development for a listed building within the conservation area and in the greenbelt.

b) Decision Notification:

i) 23/04223/PIP. Jat Environmental Reclamation Ltd, Pensford Hill,: A Permission in Principle Planning Application for the Erection of up to 4 New Build Dwellinghouses (Use Class C3) and Associated Infrastructure at JAT Reclamation. REFUSE.

48.5. Matters for Discussion / Decision

a) The Parish Council confirmed that it had approved expenditure of £215 to replace the gate post at the allotments.

b) The Parish Council considered the Local Plan Consultation in which it is proposed that 25 new homes should be built in the Parish during the lifetime of the plan (2022-2042). The Parish council agreed with the approach in general, to spread the requirement for housing over more villages rather than concentrating new housing on the most sustainable villages. But that lack of parking, lack of employment opportunities, no mains gas supply and very limited retail in the parish should be taken into consideration.

c) The Parish Council resolved to start court proceedings against Solving Communications and approved expenditure of £80 to start the claim.

d) The Parish Council approved increase in allotment rent from April 2025. A full-size plot will cost £50 per year and a half plot will cost £25.

e) The Parish Council agreed to request a portrait of the King.

f) The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the introduction of a 20mph speed limit for Publow Lane, to improve safety for pedestrians walking to and from the Village Hall, dog walkers and school children walking to and from School.

g) The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT a proposal to close parking in Pensford Lane during a planned road closure in Stanton Drew. The Clerk would contact B&NES to request that it is included in the traffic management plan.

h) Following several complaints about the advertising sign dominating the village sign on the A37 and having received no response from the owners of the sign to a letter asking for it to be removed, the Parish Council agreed to contact planning enforcement to question the legality of the sign.

i) The Parish Council approved expenditure of up to £60 for 2 emergency kits for the defibrillators on Hill Crest & by the Post Office. LM to purchase.

48.6. Financial Matters

a) The Financial Report was accepted

b) March payments were approved.

Purpose for Expense  Amount  VAT Recover
Mark McMullen – footpaths £85.00 £- N/A
Mrs Helen Richardson (45.5j) – Salary £864.63 £- N/A
Pensford Memorial Hall, rent for Village £385 £- N/A

48.7. B&NES Ward Councillor had held a public meeting in Whitchurch Village regarding the Local Plan consultation Resourceful Earth has officially gone into receivership and so work is ongoing to ensure that the land is returned to its natural state.

48.8. Reports

a) PCAA: No further update

b) Allotments: All plots have been filled.

c) Parish Council Working Group – No meeting this month

d) ANPR: The working group is split on whether the project should proceed or not and so it was agreed that the residents should be asked for their opinion. The original proposer, and the Neighbourhood Watch is no longer supporting the project.

e) Defibrillators – Options for new defibrillators had been circulated and the parish Council indicated that they would be minded to choose the IPAD SPI Fully Automatic model. Grant applications would be prepared based on this model.

f) Metal Miners: A site visit would be organised to look at the proposed locations.

g) Chew Valley Forum. Notes have been circulated. There was a proposal to set up a Chew Valley flood warning Facebook Page for residents to update when roads are impassable during heavy rain.

h) Clerks Report – circulated.

i) Chairmans report- circulated.

48.9. Items to carry forward to the next meeting: None

48.10. To note Future Meetings
Parishes Liaison –19th June, 18th September 2024
Chew Valley Forum – early 2024
ALCA Meeting 11th June.

DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Monday 8th April 2024 at 7pm in Pensford Village Hall.
The meeting closed at 20.42 pm