Publow with Pensford Parish Council Website Accessibility Statement
This website is run by Publow with Pensford Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. This means you should be able to:
• change colours, contrast levels and fonts
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard and mouse
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability – go to https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/
Accessibility of this website
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible.
• you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
• most older PDF documents & Scanned Documents are not fully accessible to the screen reader software
• There are contrast errors on some PDF’s
• you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
• There are several redundant alternative text errors
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website.
If you need the information on this website as a hard copy please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0789 9970173
We will consider your request and get back to you in a 14 days
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Clerk on email@example.com or call 0789 9970173
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Publow with Pensford Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
• All documents that have to be scanned in such as those contained in the Annual Audits because it is not possible to make these PDFs accessible by a screen reader because they are images, so there is no plan to fix them.
• Documents provided by third parties because we cannot control the format of these documents as we are not the authors. It is not possible to fix these documents.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDF’s and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards, for example they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards provided they do not need to be scanned.
How we tested this website
We used WAVE to test this website
The report can be found at https://wave.webaim.org/report#/www.publow-with-pensford-pc.gov.uk
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will continue to review our content to ensure that our articles & documents are compliant with the accessibility regulations.
We will review all photographs to ensure that descriptive text is added to describe what it is the photograph.
We will welcome feedback on how we can improve the accessibility of this website.