Img 20240508 152226095

Minutes – 13th May 2024


Held on Monday 13th May 2024 in the Memorial Hall, Pensford

PastedPresent: Mr P Baxter, Ms C Dinsdale, Mr S Filer, Mrs S Grimes(Chairman), Mr S Grimes, Mrs J Gully, Mrs T Jones, Dr L Malt, Mrs J Stephenson, Mr W Tantam, Mrs H Richardson (Clerk) and 1 Members of Public.

51.1. Sue Grimes was elected as Chairman and Paul Baxter was elected as Vice Chairman.

51.2. The Chairman signed the declaration of acceptance of Office.

Public Participation: None

51.3. Apologies for absence: Mr Paul May (Ward Councillor)

51.4. Declarations of Interest: W Tantum (51.11f)

51.5. Appointment of Representatives were agreed:

a) Memorial Hall Committee: Paul Baxter
b) Parish Council’s Airport Association: Steve Grimes
c) Parish Liaison Meetings: Sue Grimes
d) ALCA Meetings: Sue Grimes
e) B&NES Local Council Group: None
f) Chew Valley Forum: Tracy Jones
g) Flood Representative: None
h) Guardians for Defibrillators: Janette Stephenson, Claire Dinsdale, Layla Malt
i) Staffing Panel: Tracy Jones, Steve Filer, Paul Baxter.
j) Climate Emergency Working Group: Claire Dinsdale, Jenny Gully, Alex Limberg.
k) Allotments: William Tantam
l) ANPR Working Group: Steve Grimes, Tracy Jones, Steve Filer, Dom, Lowe

51.6. The Standing Orders were reviewed and adopted unchanged.

51.7. The 2024-25 schedule of meetings were approved.

51.8. The Parish Council Risk assessment was reviewed and adopted unchanged.

51.9. The Minutes of the Meeting held on Monday 8th April 2024 and Monday 6th May were agreed as a true and fair record and the Chairman signed them.

51.10. Planning:

a) Applications to consult:

i) 24/01178/LBA. Publow Farm, Blackrock Lane, Publow: Internal and external alterations for the existing ground levels to accommodate drainage system and repair of west facing wall of kitchen. The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the application as it will improve drainage and improve the aspect of the wall within its surroundings.

b) Decision Notification: None

51.11. Matters for Discussion / Decision

a) The Parish Council received the Traffic Regulation Order(TRO) report 1 24-009 Publow Lane, Pensford (proposed 20mph speed limit) and continue to support the proposal and had no further comments.

b) The Parish Council considered how to ensure Parish Council notices are not covered by not obscured by Public notices on the Parish Council notice boards. It was agreed that a notice would be put up on the noticeboard to demonstrate half the board was for Parish Council notices only, and the other half was available for public notices.

c) The Parish Council reviewed a proposal from a resident to change the road layout at the A37 junction with Parsonage Lane to introduce a central refuge for pedestrians and a dedicated right tern lane. The Parish Council did not support the right turn lane as they would not encourage traffic to use Parsonage Lane as it is narrow and substandard. The Parish Council agreed to support in principle a central refuge provided that the island was big enough to provide refuge. A small refuge would put pedestrians in more danger. The Parish Council supported the plan to carry out a feasibility study to consider the safety aspects of introducing an island safely.

d) The Parish Council agreed to ask B&NES to take action to secure the remediation of the land at Queen Charlton.

e) The Parish Council resolved to contact B&NES regarding the temporary blocks that were put in on the side of the A37 to prevent further measures. This was intended to be temporary measure but is unsightly and needs replacing. The clerk would contact B&NES highways and the Ward Councillor.

) The Parish Council approved expenditure up to £180 for a strimmer and PPE for the Allotment representative to keep communal areas of the allotments tidy. WT to arrange purchase and write a risk assessment.

g) The Parish Council agreed that the clerk should contact the police to request enforcement of the double yellow lines around the village Green.

h) The Parish Council were made aware that several reports had been made to Fix my street regarding the rusting railings on the Bridge on the A37 dating back to October 2021 and it was agreed that the Clerk should raise it with the Ward Councillor and ask B&NES highways for an update.

51.12. Financial Matters

a) The Financial Report was accepted

b) May payments were approved.

Purpose for Expense Amount VAT Recover

Mark McMullen – footpaths £85.00 £- N/A
Mrs Helen Richardson (45.5j) – Salary £869.24 £- N/A
Zurich Insurance £932.87 £- N/A
The Defib Pad (L:M Reimburse) £29.26 £4.88 Y
DPM Lucas – grass cutting £75 £- N/A
KC Printing – Litter Poster £12 £2.00 Y
PCAA -Membership £95 £- N/A
HMRC Month 9-12 £823 £- N/A

51.13. Reports

a) PCAA: AGM ON 27TH June
b) Allotments: Invoices sent out.
c) ANPR: informal consultation with residents closes on 31st May
d) Defibrillators – Emergency kit have been updated.
e) Clerks Report – circulated.
f) Chairmans report.- The Chairman reported that she had been talking to the Stanton’s Community trust about funding the basket ball hoop which the Parish Council had turned down. She asked the Village Hall representative to discuss with the village Hall.

51.14. Items to carry forward to the next meeting: £50 for bulbs, working group meeting.

51.15. To note Future Meetings
Parishes Liaison –19th June, 18th September 2024
ALCA Meeting 11th June.

DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Monday 10th June 2024 at 7pm in Pensford Village Hall
The meeting closed at 20.51 pm