Category Archives: Minutes

Minutes

Parish Council Minutes – 8th January 2024

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Monday 8th January 2024 in the Memorial Hall, Pensford

Present: Mr P Baxter(Chairman), Mr S Filer, Mrs T Jones, Ms C Dinsdale Mrs J Stephenson, Mr W Tantam, Mr Paul May(Ward Councillor), Mrs H Richardson (Clerk) and 5 Members of Public.

Public Participation: A resident requested an update on the ‘metal miners’ The Clerk would chase a response from the Miners Welfare to see if they would like to be involved. Continue reading Parish Council Minutes – 8th January 2024

Parish Council Minutes – 11th December 2023

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Monday 11th December 2023 in the Memorial Hall, Pensford

Present: Mr P Baxter, Mr S Filer, Mr S Grimes, Mrs S Grimes (Chairman), Dr L Malt, Mrs J Stephenson, Mrs H Richardson (Clerk) and 11 Members of Public.

Public Participation: A resident representative from Avon needs Trees updated the Parish Council about planting in the Great Avon Wood, and addressed some concerns from Local Residents. Continue reading Parish Council Minutes – 11th December 2023

Parish Council Minutes – 13th November 2023

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF PUBLOW WITH PENSFORD PARISH COUNCIL

Held on Monday 13th November 2023 in the Memorial Hall, Pensford

Present: Mr P Baxter, C Dinsdale, Mr S Filer, Mr S Grimes, Mrs S Grimes (Chairman), , Mrs T Jones, Dr L Malt, Mrs J Stephenson, Mr W Tantam, Paul May (Ward Councillor) Mrs H Richardson (Clerk) and 8 Members of Public.

Public Participation: A resident suggested that the bin at the top of Pensford Hill is removed as it is being filled with bags of household waste and fly tipping. A resident asked whether repairs would be carried out on the lock up as was agreed some time ago. A resident asked if the Parish Council could help to stop inconsiderate parking by the Old Gospel Hall on Old Road. A resident reported that a 10ft section of a hedge has been removed at the top of Hillcrest and asked the Parish Council to report it on their behalf.

A letter was read out from the resident that proposed the ANPR project withdrawing his support.

44.1. Apologies: Mrs J Gully

44.2. Declarations of Interest: None

44.3. The Minutes of the Meeting held on Monday 9th October 2023 were agreed as a true and fair record and the Chairman signed them.

44.4. Planning:

a) Applications to consult:

i) 23/03847/FUL: Publow Oak Barn , Blackrock Lane, Publow. Proposed Solar panels. The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
ii) 23/03848/LBA: Publow Oak Barn , Blackrock Lane, Publow. Proposed Solar panels The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.
iii) 23/04077/FUL: Camelot, 4 Station Approach, Pensford. Refurbishment of existing property including modifications to primary elevation. The Parish Council resolved to SUPPORT the application.

b) Decision Notification:

i) 23/02214/FUL: 13 Hillcrest, Pensford: Erection of two storey side extension and internal alterations, provision of rear decking area, formation of new vehicular access and replacement part of rear boundary hedge with timber fence (Resubmission). PERMITTED

44.5. Matters for Discussion / Decision

a) The Parish Council agreed to extend the role of the footpath officer, to include additional jobs around the parish as agreed on a month-by-month basis at an agreed rate of £15 per hour.
b) The Parish Council agreed to appoint Steve Grimes as the representative to the Parish Council Airport Association.
c) It was agreed that the Parish Council would adopt the new model standing orders and amend them to include some details from the Parish Councils old Standing Orders. Steve Grimes would compile the new amended standing orders for approval next meeting.
d) The Parish Council nominated Steve Fluke to be put forward for the Chelwood Bridge Rotary Club Community Award
e) The Parish Council considered advice to replace defibrillator cabinets (cost £1000 each) as they were out of warranty as they are now 15 years old. LM to get a second opinion. A bleed Kit has been donated to the cabinet at the post office and others could be purchased at £190 each. It was agreed that if Bleed Kits were deemed to necessary, they could be bought cheaper online.
f) The Parish council considered the request to install a bench on Hillcrest by the post box & bus stop. The Parish Council agreed that they would be happy to consider the request if the resident could demonstrate that they have support from the wider community.
g) A request to repair a planter was considered but a volunteer stepped forward to repair the planter. The planters are not owned by the Parish Council.
h) The Parish Council reviewed the consultation on district & polling places 2023 and had no recommendations for change.
i) £35 was approved to purchase a plaque for the Jubilee Tree, (LM)
j) The Parish Council reviewed the first draft of the budget and amendments put forward would be circulated in draft 2.

44.6. Financial Matters

a) The Financial Report was accepted
b) November payments were approved.

Purpose for Expense Mark McMullen – footpaths 
Amount £85.00
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense Mrs Helen Richardson (33.5f) – Salary
Amount £826.26
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense British Legion Poppies (Reimburse H Richardson)
Amount £75.00
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense Post Office – Special Delivery (reimburse H Richardson)
Amount £7.35
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense DPM Lucas – Grass Cutting
Amount £75.00
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense Mark Goulding (Bugle Player)
Amount £30.00
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense ALCA Training
Amount £30.00
VAT £-
Recover N/A

Purpose for Expense Cable Ties(Reimburse S Grimes)
Amount £7.49
VAT £1.25
Recover Y

Purpose for Expense SLCC Membership
Amount £80.91
VAT £-
Recover N

44.7. B&NES Ward Councillor reported that he was pleased to be able to help with a grant for the Clocktower project. He is holding a public meeting in Whitchurch regarding the Local Plan due to the proposal for 2500 extra homes near horseworld. The budget is about £6.5 million short, but early in the process. There will be a series of events to combat Knife crime throughout B&NES following 3 deaths in the last 12 months.

44.8. Reports

a) PCAA: Meeting this week – Minutes circulated.
b) ANPR: Installation date Friday 17th, if no show, contract will be cancelled.
c) Allotments: Plots available
d) Remembrance: was well attended with over 100 people. All went well.
e) Clerks Report – circulated. Local Government Pay Agreement 2023 was noted.
f) The Chairman- The Working group looked at safe routes to the playing fields and looked at the land by the allotments. The Chair of the Community Trust has asked if they could help financially with any projects.

44.9. Items to carry forward to the next meeting: Budgets, Standing Orders.

44.10. To note Future Meetings
Parishes Liaison –28th Feb, 19th June, 18th September 2024
Chew Valley Forum – early 2024
ALCA Meeting 23 Jan, 11th June.

DATE OF NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Monday 11th December 2023
The meeting closed at 21.35pm