Bath & West Community Energy (BWCE) are promoting the Bright Green Homes initiative to householders in Bath & North East Somerset.
This energy efficiency scheme, funds and supports low-income households (owner occupier or private rented), not on gas heating and with low energy efficiency ratings to install a range of insulation measures and low carbon technologies.
A page on the BWCE website provides:
- The range of insulation and low carbon technologies that can be funded under the scheme
- Details of the eligibility criteria
- A link to the expression of interest form
- A checklist of information needed to complete the expression of interest form, including how to find information on your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
- A basic outline of what happens next if a household is considered eligible.
To find out more go to:
A Book of Condolence will be available on the Mobile Library that is due to visit Pensford next week on Tuesday.
Libraries and Books of Condolence
- Books of condolence will remain open at the Guildhall in Bath and at Keynsham Community space and Midsomer Norton Library and Information Service this week under normal office hours. You can find these here: https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/hm-queen-elizabeth-ii
- On Sunday 18 September and Monday 19 September they will open from 9.30am-4.30pm at the Guildhall. They will also be open at Keynsham Community space and Midsomer Norton Library and Information Service on Sunday from 10am to 4pm and from 1pm to 4pm on Monday.
- The books of condolence will close at 5pm on Tuesday 20 September.
- People can also pay their respects by leaving an online message at Royal.uk
Update on council services on the day of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s State Funeral, Monday 19 September
Bath & North East Somerset Council is updating residents on arrangements for council services on and before Monday 19 September, a national bank holiday for the funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Please follow this link for full details.
Mobile Library – Timetable
From 6 June to 15 December 2022
Telephone: 01225 39 40 41
All routes are visited fortnightly
Due to the period of mourning on the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II the Parish Council meeting scheduled for Monday 12th September has been postponed until a later date.
Further details will be published at a later date.
In respect for the period of mourning on the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II please note that Pensford Tennis Club has postponed the Duck Race due to take place on Sunday 11th September and it will now take place on Sunday 9th October.
Pensford Local History Group (PLHG) “Open Day”
Date: Saturday 22nd October 2022
Time: 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Venue: Pensford Memorial Hall, Publow Lane, Pensford, BS39 4HW
Cost: £2.50 admission
The PLHG has an exciting afternoon planned where you can come along and see what projects the PLHG has been busy working on over the last few years (some are now completed whilst others are still ongoing). Come along and chat with the people involved.
The main attraction will be the “Robert Bailey Collection” where we will have several hundred images for people to browse through as well as a number of slideshows which will start at 2:15pm and run every 30 minutes throughout the afternoon. We will also have a stand available displaying the remaining Paintings and Drawings by the late Robert Bailey.
In addition, come and see what’s in the pipeline with the current “Places of Worship” project and what it’s all about. We will also have a stand where you can buy a copy of the “We Remember It Well” flood book for £5.00 and, if you haven’t yet seen or picked up a copy of one of the three Walk Booklets launched in 2018, come and pick one up (donations gratefully accepted) as they are full of interesting information. We will also have an exhibition on “100 Years of Pensford Schools”.
And if all of this makes you thirsty and hungry, there will be a wonderful selection of refreshments available, in partnership with All Saints’ Church.
The latest Catalogue for the Paintings and Drawings by the late Robert Bailey can be downloaded from here
The Walk Booklets can be downloaded from here
Bath & North East Somerset Council are advising people plan their journeys between 16-19th September as the A37 through Pensford will be closed to allow essential resurfacing works to take place.
The closure will start at 7pm Friday 16th September and the road will remain closed until the works are completed early morning Monday 19th September.
Bath & North East Somerset Council will take advantage of the road closure to complete additional road patching repairs, repainting road lines and markings and coordinating with BT to allow them to carry out street works which will prevent future disruption.
There may be some delays to traffic. Diversion routes for traffic will be in place and advanced notices have been positioned along the route to warn road users of the road closure.
The council expects there to be higher than usual volumes of traffic passing through Stanton Drew while these resurfacing works take place and advise planning any journeys ahead of time to avoid delays.
More detail here …